At Christ the King, we believe it is our responsibility to help locate, identify and evaluate students suspected of having disabilities. We work with the South Bend Community School Corporation who funds educational evaluations conducted via Child Find, so there is no cost to the school or child’s parent.
What Criteria Determine a Child’s Eligibility?
There are two criteria the student must meet:
- The child must have a named disability.
- The disability must render the child in need of special education and related services.
What are the Named Disabilities?
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Blind or Low Vision
- Cognitive Disability
- Deaf or Hard of Hearing
- Deaf or Blind
- Developmental Delay
- Emotional Disability
- Language or Speech Impairment
- Multiple Disabilities
- Other Health Impairment (includes ADHD)
- Orthopedic Impairment
- Specific Learning Disability
- Traumatic Brain Injury
If you suspect your child may have a disability, contact Katie Flint, Christ the King’s Lead Learning Specialist.