Students in grades Pre-K to 8th grade engage in our service program. This program incorporates serving others in our community by bringing in agencies to educate our students about social issues as well as visiting local agencies to perform direct service.
Mission of the Service Program
The Christ the King School Service Program seeks to develop Christian stewards who receive God’s gifts gratefully, cultivate them responsibly, share them lovingly in justice with others, and return them with increase to the Lord.
(Adapted from USCCB website description of stewardship)
- Receive God’s gifts gratefully – We celebrate the gifts that God gives us, especially our faith, our minds and our hearts. We pray in thanksgiving. We have a positive attitude towards each other, our teachers, our school.
- Cultivate them responsibly – We participate in the sacraments and sacramental preparation. We do our best. We attend Mass on Sunday. We continually practice stewardship (inside and outside of the classroom). We participate fully in academic learning to cultivate our minds, and engage in service to cultivate our hearts made for loving others.
- Share them lovingly in justice with others – We share our gifts of time, talent, and treasure with our brothers and sisters in the Body of Christ by engaging in service with a variety of community groups and reflecting on these experiences in the classroom.
- Return them with increase to the Lord – We strive to use our gifts to build God’s kingdom here in our community. We look forward to our vocations, and we pray for the grace and courage to respond to God’s call for each of us during our time at CKS and beyond.
The Program Consists of:
- Each grade Pre-K through 6th grade partnering with one particular agency each year
- Each student in grades 7 and 8 choosing an agency to complete service hours independently
- Each 8th grade student completing a capstone experience with the 8th grade Service Immersion Trip
- Students engaged in in-class and on-site activities supporting their partner agency
- Teachers guiding their students in theological reflection that integrates their service with their faith and academics